First Affirmative understands that the ways we save, spend and invest can dramatically influence both the fabric and consciousness of society. We believe that in addition to the benefits of ownership, investors bear responsibility for the impact our money has in the world. We know that integrating money with values can be both prudent and profitable.
- We are asset managers with a long-term orientation, which our clients generally share.
- We create strategies for investors who want to avoid making big mistakes, not for those who are willing to take big risks in hopes of achieving outsized gains.
- We believe that a disciplined process of portfolio diversification can help mitigate the risk of investing in financial assets.
- We prefer to invest client assets with managers who have demonstrated a capability for integrating analysis of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors into the investment process.
- We follow an established investment management process consistent with strict standards of fiduciary care.
- We recognize our fiduciary duty to manage investment expenses.
- We support both strategic and tactical asset allocation strategies since each may support client preferences.
- We provide every client with an Investment Policy Statement (IPS), which describes how the portfolio will be managed. We believe that adherence to the IPS in good times and bad is critically important, and we encourage clients to act in accordance with their IPS.