Ian McLeod, CFP
Certified Financial Planner™Practitioner, Accredited Investment Fiduciary™
Communitas Financial Planning
Professional Focus and Services
As someone deeply committed to social justice and sustainability, I help clients develop clear, disciplined financial strategies that incorporate their social and political values every step of the way. I partner with individuals, small businesses, and non-profit organizations to make money and finance accessible and understandable.
Complimentary Financial Review
I offer a no-cost, no-obligation introductory meeting for us to learn more about one another. The primary goal is to share and understand expectations for the planning relationship, and to review your financial goals and social values. We'll have an honest discussion of what SRI is and isn't, and then start to sketch a plan to move forward together.
Financial Planning and Investment Advice
We may partner on one or many of a broad array of topics, question and issues, from the basics of investing and asset allocation to more holistic investment and financial planning strategies. Services include:
- Analysis of your current investments, discussion of alternatives;
- Risk assessment and asset allocation;
- Retirement planning for individuals;
- Group retirement plans and employee benefits for small businesses;
- Estate planning and philanthropy;
- Health, life and disability insurance for individuals
Fees and Compensation
Investments and finance are constantly evolving. Participating in the myriad networks committed to socially responsible and sustainable investing is one way that I keep my skills and knowledge fresh.
- First Affirmative Financial Network, LLC
- Green America
- Social Investment Forum
- Financial Planning Association
- Green Chamber of Commerce
- Sustainable Business Alliance
Education and Experience
- Started in financial services in 2002, first licensed in 2004.
- CFP® Professional since 2008
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®) designation in 2011
- BA, Latin American Studies, University of Connecticut, Storrs
- California Life Insurance and Variable Annuity License #0F05736
I volunteer with and financially support a variety of progressive organizations and campaigns in the Bay Area, including People Organized to Win Employment Rights (POWER), Left Turn, Global Exchange, and Green for All. I believe strongly in economic, racial and environmental justice, which are at the forefront of efforts to create a sustainable and just world where people matter as much as profits do.
I really enjoy reading non-fiction, strength training, dancing, playing bass, and messing with computers to make them do what I want. And since I learned by asking tons of questions, I like to share that computer experience, which means clients can contact me for their emergency backup tech support needs.