Jim Frazin, CFP, AIF
Certified Financial Planner™, Accredited Investment Fiduciary™
Professional Focus and Services
Since 1983, I have been helping individuals and families simplify and demystify the world of money. I help clients learn the language and mechanics of money and assist in determining or re-setting life priorities. Your money and earning power are, after all, tools to be used to realize your life's purpose. This approach is called "life planning."
My purpose in life and in business is to help heal and repair a world where corporate and personal "profit at any cost" has seriously impinged upon our planet's sustainability. As a financial planner and investment adviser, I am compelled to offer my clients socially responsible and environmentally sound investment options.
Free Get-Acquainted Meeting
I offer a free one hour "get-acquainted" meeting. After reviewing some basic information you have provided in advance, I listen deeply, ask probing questions, and learn about your goals, dreams, desires, and your relationship to money. This time is also your opportunity to interview me and determine if you want to work with me, or not.
The financial planning and asset management services I offer are built on the concepts of "thriveability" and "interdependence."
- Thriveability. The capacity to flourish without encroaching on the quality of other's lives.
- Interdependence. A state of wholeness or integrity of an individual's relationships with self, family, community, and spirit.
Financial Planning Services
- Defining financial goals and objectives, developing cash flow and net worth statements, and developing tax minimizing strategies
- Review of existing investment portfolios
- Portfolio design and asset allocation
- Retirement planning strategies for individuals and small businesses
- Estate planning and charitable giving
- Risk management, planning, and review (insurance)
- Education planning
- Evaluating real estate purchase, mortgage or refinance transactions
- Financial planning for new, newer, and established LGBT and heterosexual families
As an investment advisory representative of First Affirmative Financial Network, I work with you to develop investment objectives based on your financial plan, risk tolerance, and personal values, and I work with the investment professionals at First Affirmative to design investment portfolios to meet your specific needs. First Affirmative provides investment management and performance reporting. I meet with you at least annually, review performance reports, and monitor progress.
I am a "fee-only" financial professional. You can contract for financial planning on a one-time, as-needed, or on-going basis. Though tightly integrated, planning fees are separate from fees for managing investment assets, which are based on a percentage of the assets under management in your account(s). I receive no commissions, referral fees, or payouts from insurance companies or other entities for services I provide to you. Fees are agreed upon in advance and fully disclosed.
- First Affirmative Financial Network
- Garrett Planning Network
- Member, Social Investment Forum
- Green America
- Financial Planning Association, San Francisco Chapter
Education and Experience
- Credit Union CEO, VP of Finance, VP of Marketing, 1983-2001
- Earned the CFP® (Certified Financial Planner) designation in 1990
- Earned the AIF® (Accredited Investment Fiduciary™) designation in 2003
- Attended the University of Southern California and the University of California at Los Angeles, majored in mathematics and art
- New School for Democratic Management
- Sha'ar Zahar Synagogue
- San Francisco Organizing Project
- Re-evaluation Counseling
Jim Frazin is an Investment Advisor Representative of Communitas Financial Planning, an independent, California-based Registered Investment Advisor. FINRA organization #157708. Communitas, First Affirmative, and Garrett Planning Network are not affiliates or subsidiaries of each other.
The credentials CFP® and AIF® listed above bear trademarks.